Windows 10 System Icons in Notification Area Are Missing or Grayed Out
Sometimes this problem occurs in Microsoft windows 10 where the system icons are located such as the Network, Speaker, Bluetooth or Power icons are missing or grayed out or from the Taskbar Notification Area or the windows and doesn’t allow you to interact with it. The error occurs due to multiple reasons. There is some troubleshooting method to resolve this issue. Try these following steps to try to fix them to set repair functional again as they working. Let’s get started
You Should Confirm That Option Before Try Other Fixes
Before getting started, you should have to know that these fixes are applicable only for Windows 10 users.
- Open the Settings panel of your Windows 10. To open it use the shortcut command press Win+I to open it.
- When it is open Setting, you will see Personalization. Click on it to open.
Under Personalization on left side bare there is Taskbar click on it. Now scroll down the right-hand side and find out Turn system icons on or off, you will find it under the Notification area taskbar click o it.
When you click on it next popup window will be open, Now you will see some buttons like Volume, Speaker, Network, and a lot of other program notifications. At there, you will also see a button Power. If it is black in color then Turn On it. The change will affect immediately.
Fix 1: Scan for Hardware Changes
In this method you should have to Uninstall the Microsoft AC Adapter driver it is because sometimes it occurs due to the corrupting of this Driver.
But don’t worry when you uninstall it then windows will reinstall in automatically without internet when you click on the scan for hardware changes. To this Follow these setups
- Open your Control Panel.
- Choose “Hardware and Sound” > “Device Manager“.
- Click on the Batteries to expend it.
- Now Right-click on the Microsoft AC Adapter driver, and then click on Uninstall.
- Click OK when you see the warning message to continue uninstalling the driver.
- When you uninstall it. Now click on the Action option in the Menu bar and then choose “Scan for hardware changes“.
Now check that your system tray icon it has returned now.
Fix 2 Registry Fix
In this fix, you have to fix the Registry file. To do this follow these setups
- Press WIN + R key to open Run Window.
- When Run Window open then type “Regedit“, then select OK.
- Now Navigate through the registry to the following location which is given below:
- Local Settings
- When you located this location click one named “iconstreams” and “PastIconStream“. Right-click on it and select Delete each value to remove them from the registry.
- That all, Now you Should Close the registry editor and restart the computer.
Now check your Taskbar. Hopefully, your System icons have returned in the Taskbar Notification Area
I hope that you like this article if you like this article then comment us below and share with your friends.