How to Flush Or Clear DNS Cache in Windows 10
When you are using Windows PC or laptop, you must have noticed a webpage not working, is not loading up the page, but the webpage is opening on another device. This problem occurs due to the DNS Cache being corrupt.
When we use the Flushing the DNS resolver cache it helps to resolve DNS related problems in Windows 10. Basically, DNS cache is a file that saves the hostnames and IP address of the websites which you have visited, that helps to load that webpage faster next time when you open it. Let’s get started.
Note: This method is only work in window 10 but not on window 7, Vista, 8, 8.1 and vista.
Method 1 – Clear DNS Cache Via Command Prompt
- Press Win + R to open the RUN Window Or alternative goto window search and type Command prompt Right-Click on it and run as administrator.
- In command prompt “ipconfig /flushdns” and press Enter to go.
- When you press Enter then you will get this message “Successfully flushed the DNS Resolver Cache“.
Also Read This Article 15 Useful Windows Command Prompt Tricks You Should Not Know
Method 2- Clear DNS Cache using Windows PowerShell
- Open window search and type “Windows PowerShell”. Or alternative Press “WIN + X” a quick link will be open and chose Window PowerShell (Admin)
- When window PowerShell open then type this “Clear-DnsClientCache” and Press “Enter”
Other DNS and IP Address Related Commands for command prompt
- ipconfig /displaydns: This command is used to check out the DNS record under Windows IP configuration.
- ipconfig /release: This command is used to release your current IP address settings.
- ipconfig /renew: This command is used to Reset your IP address settings.
Well, this is the easy method to flush DNS cache in window 10 if you like this article comment us below and share with your friends.
Abdul Moeez is the owner and content writer of TechGrinch. He writes about Technology, Science, Gadgets, Security, Social Media, Social Networks, Android, Computer, Internet, etc. He is an Experienced Blogger, SEO Expert, Developer & Social Media Expert.