How to Use Windows Sandbox In Windows 10
Whenever we download new software, we often not sure whether to install that program on our computer or not. It is because some software seems good by its look but when you run that download software you realize at that time it a suspicious program.
Many users encounter these situations. We can’t take risks like that; these kinds of suspicious programs damage the whole which sometimes difficult to recover. So that why Microsoft rolled out new features in Windows 10 may 2019 update (Version 1903) build 18305. That feature is known as Windows Sandbox.
It is basically used to test the program’s insecure environment. Windows Sandbox is a lightweight temporary and virtual desktop environment. It works similarly to a virtual machine but works differently. In Windows Sandbox, we can test the untrusted program without the feature of losing the data or any other security threat risk. What software you installed in or execute it will not affect the host system.
The program only stays inside till then you open it. You do everything. When you have done your test close to the Sandbox windows it will destroy everything that you did in it.
Windows Sandbox has the following properties:
- Part of Windows – There are ever things include for this feature ships with Windows 10 Pro and Enterprise. So, No need to download a VHD for it.
- Pristine – You do everything and run anything’s like you run in the hosting system. And every time when you run Sandbox it will look clean and a brand-new installation of Windows.
- Disposable – There will be no data left on the device, everything is discarded after you close the application.
- Secure – It uses hardware-based virtualization for kernel isolation, which depends upon Microsoft’s hypervisor to run a separate kernel which isolates Windows Sandbox from the host.
- Efficient – It uses integrated kernel scheduler, virtual GPU, and smart memory management.
Windows Sandbox minimum system requirements
- Windows 10 Pro or Enterprise Insider build 18305 or later
- AMD64 architecture
- Capable BIOS with Virtualization enable.
- 4GB of RAM required (8GB recommended)
- 1 GB of free disk space required (SSD recommended)
- 2 CPU cores (4 cores with hyperthreading recommended
How To Enable Windows Sandbox in Windows 10
In Windows Pro and Enterpriser Windows Sandbox is not enabled by default. Before starting the process to enable windows Sandbox make sure that Virtualization is enabled in your system’s BIOS. IF you don’t know that Virtualization is enabled in your system then open task manager clicks on performance and select CPU under the bottom of the graph you can see Virtualization.
If virtualization is not enabled, you should have to enable the virtualization from your BIOS settings.
After that follow the step which is given below to enable sandbox in Windows.
Step 1: First of all open your Control Panel > Program > Turn Windows Features On or Off. It will open a new window.
Step 2: In this Windows, you should scroll down until you find ‘Windows Sandbox’ and check the box and then click on the OK button.
When you click on OK, It will start searching the necessary file which is required to start Sandbox and then installs in your system. After completing the installation process it will be asked to reboot your computer. So, Click on the Restart button.
After PC reboot, your Windows Sandbox is now enabled and ready to use.
How to Use Windows Sandbox
After following the above mention steps your Windows Sandbox is ready to use. There are many benefits of Sandbox that you cannot imagine that. You easy like Windows Sandbox like other apps. It will be added to your app and you can launch it from there.
Open you Windows Search by click the search icon or by pressing Windows + S. In search Type ‘Sandbox’, and then click on Sandbox.
It will take some time to launch, it is totally depending upon your system.
When Windows Sandbox Completely launched you can see it look like you installed a new Windows. You do anything you want in it. You can install other programs on it. The Keyboard is only work in it as long as it is selected as active windows. You can also maximize those windows to feel distraction-free from your host windows.
When you do your work in Windows Sandbox Just click on close button it will show you a popup.
It will show you a warned you that all data will be deleted, So when you click on the OK button it will delete all the data that you do in windows sandbox.
That’s all that how you can enable and use Windows Sandbox in windows. I hope that you understand well if you like that comment below and share that article with your friends.