How to Hide Or Remove Drive in Windows 10
In windows, you know how to find your private data on the computer. The drive letter is nothing to mean for some users. Its simple used to priorities that drive by their drive letters. If you have a lot of that then it’s not the right choice to hide your file there. That best option is if you hide your entire drive where you keep your private data.
There are different methods to hide it but I will share an easy that you can easily understand. So here in this article, I am going to share how you can hide your entire in windows 10.
How To Hide Drive In Windows 10
These are the following method to hide the entire drive which is instructed step by step.
How to Hide a Drive Using Disk Management
This is a very simple and easy method to hide the entire drive. At there you can mount a drive or also you can hide the drive letter instead. Just follow the instruction which is given below.
- First, open Disk Management by pressing Windows + X and then select Disk Management.
- At their select and right-click on that drive which you want to hide it and then select “Change Drive Letter and Paths”.
- Now select the drive and then click on the remove button.
- A pop of confirmation will appear to click on Yes
- Now again click on that drive and select Change Drive Letter and Paths.
- Click the Add button.
- Select the Second Option which is Mount in the Following Empty NTFS folder option and then click on the browse button.
- At there select your Secret drive path which connected with your mount drive. From there you can access that drive secretly. For Example, here I give the “Top Secret” folder select it and click on the OK button.
Note: Make sure that your uncheck that Hidden item form view tab.
- Now right-click on that folder and choose properties.
- In General Tab on Attributes “Check the Hidden option” and then click on Apply.
- A pop-up window will appear, select the “Apply changes to this folder only” and then click on the OK button.
- At the end click on the ok button confirm the save changes.
After this whole process your can see that our dive is not invisible it will be no longer available in the file manager you can access that drive only by your secret mount location in this, I assign location C:/Top Secret.
If you change your mind and what to visible you drive again then follow these steps:
- Again, open your Disk Management by (Windows + X) and then select Disk Management.
- Right-click on that drive which you hide and want to visible it again. And then choose “Change Drive Letter and Paths”.
- Select the previous mounted path and then click on the button remove and then click on the yes button to confirm it.
- Again right-click on that drive and choose Change Drive Letter and Paths.
- Click on the Add.
- Select the Assign The following drive letter option click on the OK button to save changes.
How To Hide a Drive By Removing The Drive Letter
There is an alternative option if you want to remove the drive letter to hide files and folder. This process is also very simple. This method prevents anyone to access the drive including you. If you want to hide the drive for backup or private which is rarely used then you can use this method. Follow the instruction which is given below to do it.
- Open Disk Management by (Windows + X) and then select Disk Management.
- Right-click on the drive which you want to hide and then select Change Drive Letter and Paths.
- Select the drive letter and click the Remove Button and click on the Yes button to save changes.
After this method, you can see in the file Explore that drive is not completely invisible and you cannot also access that drive.
If you want to access that drive again repeat the previous process.
That all that’s how you can hide your entire drive in windows. I hope that understand it will/ if you face any difficulty comment us below and also share that article with your friends