How to Stop Windows 10 Updates in Progress
Window 10 Getting your Windows updates automatically on your system which and new feature and new functionality in it keep your programs up to date as a result which make your computer more secure and work faster before. They always keep the focus on adding new feature and updates We can disable window 10update and enable it whenever you want to resume it to keep update and allow to finish later.
You should have to keep in mind that if you disable the window 10 updates then maybe your computer caught by system venerable attack. That’s why it keeps lunching the update of the windows as a result window become more secure and run faster before
As long as you keep your device up to date it will become secure and safe from being at the risk of venerable attack.
Now in this article, I will show you how to stop the window 10 updates. Let’s see how to do it
How to Stop Windows 10 Updates in the Services
By this method, you can stop Windows 10 updates in services. Just follow these steps
- Open your window search by click on the search button or by the press and hold (Window + S) then type “Services”. After typing you will find the Services application in the search result. Now Right-click on it and then select the “Run as Administrator” option.
- In services, these are the list of service which is running in the background. Now you have to find Windows Update service in this list and you can see its status is running
- Now Right-click on the “Window Updates” in the service list and choose “Properties” option.
- A small dialogue box will open at there select the Startup type Disable after that click on the Stop button and then click on the Apply button.
That all your window update will stop
And whenever you want to re-enable again follow these steps and select type automatic (Delayed Start) and click on the start button and then click on the apply button.
How to Stop Windows 10 Automatic Maintenance when it downloaded
By this method you can stop Windows 10 automatic maintenance which is also known as automatic update, To do it just follow these steps:
- Open your “Control Panel”.
- When Control Panel opened then click on “System and Security” option.
- Click on the “Security and Maintenance” option.
- Now on the right side of click on Maintenance to expand the list of settings. Under the maintenance click on “Stop maintenance” to stop the Windows 10 update which will be under progress.
Also, Read This Article How to Empty Recycle bin in Windows 10 Automatically On Schedule
How to Stop Windows Update in Windows 10 From Group Policy Editor
By this method, you can also stop the window update just follow these steps.
- Press and hold Windows key +R, to open run window at there type “gpedit.msc” then select OK.
- Now Go to
- Computer Configuration
- Administrative Templates
- Windows Components
- Windows Update.
- At there find Configure Automatic Updates right click on it select Edit option.
- Using the toggle options on the left-hand side, select Disabled Select Apply, then select OK.
By all of these methods, you can easily disable or enable the window update. I hope you understand well.
If you like these methods comment us below and share with your friends.
Abdul Moeez is the owner and content writer of TechGrinch. He writes about Technology, Science, Gadgets, Security, Social Media, Social Networks, Android, Computer, Internet, etc. He is an Experienced Blogger, SEO Expert, Developer & Social Media Expert.