How to Turn off Windows Defender
If you want to install other pc protection software, then you have to disable the Windows Defender antivirus which is preinstalled software in Windows 10, 8, 8.1. It protects your computer from malware, ransom war, spyware and other types of viruses. But many of the users complain that it slows down the pc performance they want to get rid of it.
So today I am going to tell you how to disable the antivirus temporarily or permanently. Let’s get started.
Turn off Windows Defender in Windows 10
Just follow these steps to Turn off Windows Defender antivirus in windows 10
- Click on Start button and then click on the Settings (gear) icon.
- When Windows Setting interfaces open click on Update & Security.
- In your left side Menu click on Windows Security.
- In your Right side panel click on the Open Windows Security button it will open a new interface window.
- Click on the Virus & threat protection.
- Click on Manage Settings which is located under the Virus & threat protection settings.
- At there you can see the Toggle button which No under the Real-Time Protection. Toggle that off to temporary disable the Windows Defender antivirus protection
When you turn off the system protection it will be disabled temporarily when you reboot the system it will activate again. But it will off permanently if you install the other antivirus software Like Avast or another antivirus.
Disabling Windows Defender Permanently
Follow these step to disable the Windows Defender permanently
Step 1. Open you Run Window by press (Windows + R) and then type regedit.
Step 2. When Register windows open then follow this path
- Windows Defender
Step 3. Highlight that Windows Defender and that in right side panel right click on blank area
Step 4 Name that DisableAntiSpyware after that a new edit window will be open. In the ‘Value data’ field type 1 and press OK button.
Step 5 After that restart your computer to save changes.
I hope that you understand well if you facing any problem then feel free to comment us below and share it with your friends.